May 31: The World MS Day

Today, May 31, it is the World MS day. 
Throughout May different events and campaigns take place. The last Wednesday of May is officially the World MS day. In order to promote awareness of MS (multiple sclerosis) the MS Society of Malta organize a TV program and an informal evening between 23 May 2017 - 27 May 2017. 

A familiar to myself diagnosed with MS describes multiple sclerosis as follows.
"There is a monster in my body.In the spinal cord and in my head.I'm getting tired as few. But, thankfully, I have no problem walking. But after jumping or walking for a long time, the feet becomes clumsy and I feel like a seal. My eye often gets jerky. In the miniature golf you can give me many "pinch". The field of view can vibrate and start jumping. One might think I'm watching a flea. But, really, I'm just trying to focus on what I want to see. But it's hard and I keep smiling. When there is a lot of information and talk, my brain will be full. I sometimes have to sit down so that I do not get lost. I can become nauseous and dizzy. Then rest and try to forget that time is expensive. No one thanks me when I finish. After trying to knock on myself. In the evening when I get tired, my leg can start to break, spasm and jerk. At that moment, it's not fun I can enjoy. Sometimes I get aches and pains in my arms, legs and hands. But it's just taking a day at a time. It's not always like I remember what you're saying. But I hope it's enough that I am here for you. I'm the same girl now as than. I only have more to consider and think about. I do my best every day. To fight is my team. I laugh and I smile. And I intend to do even more. There is a meaning that the monster came to me. I'm still a pretty good girl. My fighting spirit and positive attitude will I spread. I want people to feel good, be happy, fight and not suffer. Surely there is pain. But I share my smile and my heart. I want us to open our eyes and look at all the beautiful things that exist. Because it is ultimately the small things we remember the most. Surely it's a monster in me. However, I'm despite all a top girl!"


What is MS?
MS stands for multiple sclerosis and is one of the most common neurological disorders, that causes disability in young adults. Blurred vision, weak limbs, tingling sensations, unsteadiness, memory problems and fatigue is symptoms that MS can include.Worldwide there are 2.3 million people with MS. It is likely that hundreds of thousands more remain without a diagnose. Even more people are effected in some way of MS, because of their loved ones some have MS. Around twice as many women diagnosed than men. Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 25 and 31.

If you want to know more about MS and World MS Day, please go into MS International Federations webpage .

Comments