An upside down day with Skype

There is no doubt that today has been a giddy one. With many ups and downs. Unusually positive and negative things have happened to me and this day and everything is so compact within this single day.

I woke up and thought that this would be like any day. Why wouldn't it? As usual, I check my emails. However, the first thing I read is an email from my mother. I get worried. I spoke too her yesterday, why do I hear from her again now. Apparently my grandmother has fallen down and got hurt. She is now in the hospital, with a fractured neck of the femur. Not fun to hear, even less fun when I live far away, on the other side of Europe.

After a quick Skype session with my mother to hear the details of my grandmother's condition the day continued by digging into the work chores. More Skype meetings, of course. But these unlike the previous meeting, resulted into several positive results for me. Although work-related, but also such results can be satisfying.

The advantage of working from home is having the office at home, which is very convenient. But the social part with a group of work mates often found in a company, I sometimes miss. Therefore, it is very nice to get this social exchanges with the outside world through meetings over Skype. I appreciate these meetings very much!

On the whole, however, there is nothing better than being your own boss, do what I want, add up the days that I wish for, etc. Although the day has been a little crazy, it's just another day in paradise.
By ZuzankaKrist (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Comments