A Malta Blog is Born

Rasmus, September 2016


Dear population of the world.

This is my story about my life in Malta. I wish you the best and hope you will feel like home reading everything I write about my life in the heart of the Mediterranean ocean.

The purpose of the blog is to tell my friends and family of what I do, after having relocated to the small island with a 400 000 people population. But it is also a chance to let the world know about this fantastic country, one of the by size smallest in the world, with so many opportunities. There is always a reason to visit Malta. Either as a tourist or relocating.

Upcoming posts will be about many subjects not yet known of exactly, but I hope you will keep on reading. I can promise you great sea views, fantastic food, tempting career opportunities, wonderful sunny weather, and many other things you can't even imagine.

My wife Ingrid and I now share our story in Malta for almost 6 months. 

September: We arrived and our adventure started after several months of preparation. The apartment and all our stuff back home in Sweden we sold and let for a new start. Many things came to happen from there. We met with our new landlord and signed the contract for a 2 bedroom apartment in the city Msida. This became our first residence, still staying in Malta as tourists.

October: The atmosphere of the island and the sea surrounding us changed us. The stressed characters we were in Sweden became relaxed among the easy going and welcoming Maltese population. Thank you whole Malta for your pleasant attitude and approach towards expatriates!

November: My wife was employed and I started my self-employed Content Writing business Orsén Content, working abroad towards companies all over the world. 

December: Our tourist visas was replaced with permanent residence and we now felt like home for real. Malta was now more home to me than Sweden ever were.

January: Starting up 2017 doing a small Christmas trip to my mother in law in Sweden for a few weeks. After getting home, back to work.

February: Relocating within the island from Msida to St Julian's. Now enjoying the life of a more "city near" area. Suits me better!

March: Starting up this blog and will keep on going with my story from here. But this will be it for tonight. 

Good night dear reader!  

Comments