Top Ranking Healthcare in Malta

Mater Dei, The Public Hospital in Malta

Health care is something that everyone needs, but too few values. Many things in our lives is very important. But what may be more important than that which can be crucial if we are to live a good healthy life.

I am grateful to live in Malta. The country that has the second best health care in Europe according the survey website Numbeo and fifth best health care system in the world according to the World Health Organization. It feels safe to live in a country that values ​​health and well being.

The Numbeo study showed that Malta has the second best health care in Europe, after France, has studied the factors that support efficiency, staff competence, costs and equipment.

All who pay Social Security contributions (SSC), the compulsory governmental insurance (ten percent of their salary), gets all the medical care free of charge. Also, there is the opportunity to have private health care. It is a great opportunity to pay extra health care services if you wish.

I myself experienced the need to visit Mater Dei in the emergency room last week. It was fast, smooth and I was given a room to sleep in overnight when I needed to recover. Completely free of charge and almost no waiting.

Unbelievable is all there is to say about it.

I was very surprised by the high quality and high skills of medical personnel at Mater Dei, in comparison to the Swedish hospitals I am used to from my childhood.

Today I removed the stitches, I did a week ago. The nurse who met me gave me service directly, without placing me in any waiting room or refer me to a reception to sign up. Once again, it was quick and easy.

Comments